I was recently asked to publish my current portfolio allocations; I’ll share them with you with the caveat that everyone’s situation is different.
My current investment goals include:
- Provide security while taking advantage of market growth.
- Consistently outperform the market (SPY) in “total returns “on both a quarterly and annual basis.
- Pick best of breed performing stocks and ride the winners.
- Exit positions when the economic cycle changes or an individual stock story changes
- Rebalance the overall portfolio as necessary.
- Maintain a tax-friendly environment; pay the least amount of fees as possible.
- Maintain a small exposure to bonds, but include “bond-like” equity’s such as REIT’s and higher yielding S&P stocks.
- Reinvest all dividends and maintain 5-7% cash for buying opportunities.
- Always has a “buy” list and quarterly update a “sell” list.
Below is a series of charts showing my portfolio including a few Morningstar analysis of my portfolio. In future articles I’ll further discuss my strategy and some best of breed choices.